Houzz Logo Print
webuser_524005262

Neff or Bosch Induction cooktop

HU-524005262
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi Everyone, I am renovating my house. I need to pick appliances. I am going to get Neff ovens but now need to decide on the induction cooktop. I cook with very large frying pans and pots as I feed a family and aim for left overs. I thought either of the following will suit:

N 90Flex induction cooktop80 cmBlack, surface mount with frame

T68TS61N0 Currently $3200 4.8 stars

Standalone FlexInduction cooktop with TwistPad® Fire control.

• TwistPadFire® – our removable, magnetic, illuminated control dial that gives you precise control over all cooking zones.
  • Power Move – the flex zone offers three heating zones: boiling in front, simmering in the middle and warming in the rear.
  • Induction – the heat is generated directly in the cookware for precise cooking that stops when power is off.
  • The FlexInduction zone automatically detects the number, size and shape of the pots and pans used and heats up precisely where it's needed.

or

N 70Flex induction cooktop80 cmBlack, surface mount without frame

T58UD10X0 Currently $2700 4.9 stars

FlexInduction cooktop with TouchControl.

• Touch Control – a convenient way to control hobs with just one touch.
  • The FlexInduction zone automatically detects the number, size and shape of the pots and pans used and heats up precisely where it's needed.
  • Induction – the heat is generated directly in the cookware for precise cooking that stops when power is off.

or

Bosch PXE875DC1E 80cm Serie 8 Induction Cooktop $2000 4.5 stars

Does anyone have any experience with these?

The Bosch one has the exact same layout as the second Neff one but with a tiny stainless steel trim and it has many more features. I know that they are from the same mother company however I have been told that Neff is made to Specification and Bosch are made to meet a price. Neff has a 4yr warranty and Bosch has a 2 yr. They both have excellent reviews and lots of them. They use promotions to get people to give feedback. There were just some Bosch ones that worried me.

"What an absolute shame this induction didn't last very long. Should have known when after only 4months, it needed its motherboard replaced. It is now less than 3 years old and it fails to start or has blinking Error 'E' messages. Not too keen to get another induction."

"[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] When it was working it worked fine, sadly l have not had a cooktop for two months now as the sensors have stopped working and the on/off button cannot turn the appliance on after 15 months of use a 1 is all l can give."

"I would love to have given an excellent review, but unfortunately after my warranty ran out (by days only) the Induction hob is losing the touch fields. I have to press extremely hard to turn it on and the number 5 setting has never worked. I love my Bosch oven and Bosch washing machine though."

There were only a few of these reviews in comparison to good ones but then with promotions a lot of people review when they have not had the appliance for long.

There is also a Siemens one that is very similar to the most expensive Neff one that I can get for just $100 more than the Neff one and an extra year warranty but I saw a lot of reviews on this one where people were upset because of the glass breaking. That is what put me off Smeg too.

The features and price of the Bosch are very tempting but then if I have to get a new one in two years time it's price will be worse. I have had to make so many decisions doing renovations I no longer know what to do. I amazed how expensive everything is in a renovation and our house is in a higher end area so we have had to make sure that it matches.....I am even getting two ovens (one will be a steam combi) and I don't even like cooking :) Fortunately my daughter does.

I was leaning towards the Bosch because of price and features however I am really worried about how well it will last. Perhaps someone can put my mind to ease on that one. I would love all opinions. I would love to hear from you :)

Comments (11)