Houzz Logo Print
1newstart2014

Looking forward to your feedback on this floor plan

1newstart2014
last year
last modified: last year

Thabk you to all who provides feedback on my previous post. Much appreciated. I’ve now come up with additional questions and areas of concern.

Note: the back of the block faces North. Location: Adelaide

🟥 Re: bedroom size

The house is currently at 262sqm and I wouldn’t mind reducing the size if possible. How much can I reduce the size of the bedrooms down to for them to still be functional?

🟥 Re: Garage

Is 6.6m plus storage too long for a typical car? Could I reduce the depth of the garage?

🟥 Re: Living space at the back

All I need and want is a kitchen, dining space and one sitting area. The current space looks too big. How could I reconfigure them current space to make it functional, make the most of the northern sun and making the stone fireplace a focal feature?

🟥 Re: alfresco

It’s currently facing north and blocking the northern winter sun from the living areas. Would you advise keeping the alfresco as is but making the roof retractable, or would it be best to move it to the east side?

🟥 Re: master bedroom

Is it big enough to comfortably fit a small wet bar, (Sink+bar fridge). If so where would be the best spot for it?

The things I’m considering changing and look forward to hearing your feedback about:

✅ Convert second living area (between the two bedrooms) to fourth bedroom.

✅ Move laundry to where the courtyard is

✅ Move both toilets to opposite walls and extend both vanities.

✅ Move left master suite walls to the boundary, indent right WIR wall and add cupboard on the other side (in the hallway) instead.

Comments (29)