Houzz Logo Print
webuser_38087560

What paint colour would work with a charcoal kitchen island?

Mylongtermhome
last year
last modified: last year

Hi, Would someone be able to suggest some paint colours that would suit the type of house that I am trying to create. The look that I am going for internally is somewhere in between a industrial and farmhouse. I like timber furniture with black metals legs. but like an eclectic look of furniture that somehow works due to colour or material. Because of me painting the horizontal pine timber that is in much of my house, and the cathedral ceiling, I am thinking that I will need to create a bit of the farmhouse look (like on Fixer Upper - Chip and Joanna). Eventually, I would like to do a kitchen that has either the Island or the other lower cabinets in a charcoal type colour and the other cupboards in a neutral white. I am thinking that I will either get hybrid flooring in a mid-tone timber look (not one that throws grey, orange, red or yellow). i have another post elsewhere of the before version of my house. Otherwise, the other options for flooring would be polished concrete with a neutral/browny greige undertone (if that is possible and even makes sense)

It is hard to tell from this picture but it is sort of the charcoal that I mean (it is not my house). Below is sort of the type of charcoal that I mean. I was initially going to go with Lexicon quarter, but after the pine timber ceiling being painted white, it is looking like Lexicon quarter will be too cool coloured and too cold. I am looking for a neutral white (if it had to throw a shade to match the charcoal, I would rather it throw a warm colour, rather than cool).

Could someone suggest some colours that would be suitable? I am going to try out Snowy Mountain Half by Dulux, but it would be good to try a few options.

Many thanks in advance, Houzzers.

These are my other posts about this house....I haven't given up on the idea of removing the salmon coloured wall between current kitchen area and living room. Since the original post, the ceiling has been painted white, but the charcoal beams remain (my painter says it is possible to have a "teak look" by painting something orange and then using a stain over that..I will have to find out more).

https://www.houzz.com.au/discussions/6241832/what-do-i-do-with-all-this-timber

https://www.houzz.com.au/discussions/6269601/dark-closed-off-lounge-help

Comments (2)