Houzz Logo Print
nancy_mulligan11

Cosmetic Remodel of Living Room with Ocean View

Hi, Just moved here from the US and am on a tight reno budget. Looking for ideas for flooring, paint color, how to work with the current window trim (a weird sage type color) currently matched with heavy curtains and blue/green carpeting and blue walls. UGH! I will be furninishing with neutral light colored sofas with some accents of dark mahogany pieces my husband wants to keep that have been in his family for years. Also, need to do kitchen and dining room, will post that seperate.

I am unfamiliar with your building products. At home for a beach home, I would use a wide luxury plank vinyl flooring that is a floating installation. Looking for something similar or or open to other options. Of course, I love a timber floor, but being so close to the water am worried about sand scratching and the humidity levels. I want the same floor to run through the living room, kitchen and dining room. At home I would use a light french oak. What works here?

In a nutshell, looking for paint color, window covering options and flooring at this point. I can deal with furnishings later.

Comments (3)