Houzz Logo Print
zp2507

Living Room - Quick Surprise Makeover - Help/Advice needed

Zulf P
4 months ago

Hello,

Right the Mrs and the 3 wee kids are off to somewhere warm for 4/5 days over Xmas. I would normally laze around, watch the football and maybe hit the gym. However, this year I feel like giving our Living Room a little makeover and to surprise the family. Now this is not a full on makeover, I am trying to keep it simple.

1) The current wallpaper is too busy, I want to strip it off, put fresh new lining paper and then paint the walls a nice neutral colour but also child friendly. Any ideas would be great. I have zero exp.

2) The chimney wall has tiling in the brick effect, I am not a big fan but I also can't get rid of this. I will need to work around this and ensure this remains the main feature in the room. The gap where the fireplace used to be is bigger than normal, I need inspiration on what to do with this space, I was considering adding storage and shelving maybe or a bioethanol burner.

3) I will sand the doors, frames and skirting and re-apply some fresh paint (I was told eggshell is the best option).

4) I will paint the ceiling white and replace the current boring single bulb light with a ceiling light.

5) The carpet, sofa and blind will remain as they are. However, happy to maybe add a rug or some furniture but I need your help!!!

Thank you in advance, will post the pictures from my phone.

Comments (9)