Houzz Logo Print
agneskg1

Need help for kitchen renovation

agneskg1
9 years ago
I am renovating a very small U shaped kitchen in an apartment. Size 2.9m by 2.6m The sink abuts a large window. The sill level is below the bench-top height by around 10 to 12 creating problems of 1. can't open lower awning window, 2. the area between bench-top and glass window is a trap for insects,crumbs etc 3. risk of water damage etc. There can be no alteration to windows. I am thinking of instead making a galley kitchen and moving the sink to a small peninsula only 1.8 m long and putting the sink (approx 800 mm wide) and dishwasher (600mm wide) there. At least I will be able to reach windows to open and can clean the sill. Plumbing and waste will need to take two 90 degree turns.Will there be increased risk of blockage. I am also worried about water still from the sink. How to make a barrier but not have a side splash-back as there is a beautiful view that I will start to obliterate. ? see through glass splashback. I want seating for 2 on other side ? 1m wide and storage space ?700m wide Can I do this on 1700-1800m long bench. Husband and I both work in kitchen, There will be 1200m between 2 parallel bench tops.

Comment (1)