Houzz Logo Print
nedoz

Paint or stain front door on the internal side?

nedoz
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi, need some opinions, have put together some before and in progress renovations photos. Just to give you a brief rundown, I have had my front door moved so it opens into our lounge room area so I am able to make my entrance hall into a walk in robe for my main bedroom. As I have put in French Doors into the bedroom and there will be a spotted gum deck built at the front of the home, I have put a Timber door which I want to stain to match the bulk head timber over the door. I wanted it to be easily identified as I guess I have placed it in an odd spot. What my dilemma is, do I have the front door stained on the inside or do I paint it white to match what the window & trims will be so it doesn't stick out too much when the lounge is done. The flooring of the lounge will be eventually spotted gum. Another question if I do stain it & detest it, is it a problem painting over stain ? Love to know what you think. (PS still lots of painting to be done, including the rendered chimney and windows and boards ;-) (my paint colour is Dulux White Duck and my Trims are Natural white.

Comments (9)