Houzz Logo Print
connie_francis

can i use red white and blue, without it looking "american"

Connie
11 years ago
We are in the early stages of a renovation, changing our eat in kitchen to a family room. It wont be massive (approx) 65m2, and l shaped. I love white woodwork, and would like to put white woodpanelling to table height, all white woodwork in kitchen etc. I collect delft KLM houses, and have been thinking about painting 1 (some/all?) walls the very deep navy blue from the collection, to tone down too much white. And then i thought about incorporating some red highlights, but my hubby thinks it will look like we are celebrating independence day! My decorating style is " country french farm rustic eclectic" we will have a bit of black wrought iron, through handles, light fittings, pot hanger, and I have been imaginging using some french toile and ticking. Any suggestions on if/how i can make it work, or if you think it will look crap? The room has a south westerly aspect, and will have a triple bi-fold glass door, and windows 2700x1400 along one wall. One end of the L will be dedicated to kitchen with an island (4x6m). So no morning sun, just afternoon (I am in australia)

Comments (4)