Houzz Logo Print
deethie

Crazy or brilliant!!??

Jen
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I just got excited about something...I won't bore you with the whole story about how I ended up with this idea but I just thrust the following under the other half's nose and he didn't say no straight away!!

What do you all think?

Should I do this:

Antique Map Wallpaper · More Info

On that big wall??? It is the first wall you see as you walk into the house (I'm standing just inside the door for this photo), it is a weird extra room that is really just a walk-thru room and won't have much furniture (probably just a sideboard on the right). The (white) kitchen is on the left with a jarrah benchtop as a breakfast bar into this room. The floors will be blackbutt and white skirtings.

Oh, and a bit of context: I'm an Historian. I'd get an old map of Perth or the WA south-west coastline (assuming of course that I can get that!).

The only thing I'm worried about is the low ceilings and such a big image...my second idea is to just get a long strip of coastline down the wall of the kitchen on the left there but I feel that this sort of statement needs to really be a statement!

Well, well???

Comments (13)