Houzz Logo Print
jillhank

HELP needed before 8-22-16 Monday

Jill
7 years ago
So it looks like we made a mistake on the tile -I gave the wrong diagram for the bathroom, and the tile store used that to come up with the design for the bathroom floor. It did not account for a double wall that weneeded for the plumbing and pocket door. When tile store designed the floor, we did not realize we had the wrong diagram which did not account for the wall issue that was changed due to "issues". This is, by the way a
good reason to have an interior designer. When the tile man installed the tile he did not first lay it out and show me what tile goes where, and instead he decided himself and did a really awful job of it. Carera is different from lot to lot and I did not realize my contractor didn't know how to instruct the tile man properly. I am busy at work all day, and this is of course, part my fault too. When I got home I saw that he had laid it out without regard to consistency and it looked terrible. I had to go to the store and pick up another box of the 6 x 12 tiles to replace the odd light colors that he randomly placed between really dark tiles. I met with tile man and we agreed which would be changed, and I left to go to work I felt the problem was solved . When I got back later I see that he AGAIN put a mismatched tile in the entry-- this time it is a completely different color of the herringbone sheet, and he still has an unopened box and a half of another box to choose from! You will see in the picture what that looks like. Anyhow so that is my sad story, and I need to come up with a solution. So from an aesthetic point of view I need to know how best to solve this problem? I cannot live with it the way it is. I have already spent an extra $300 that I did not count on for this floor-- and it kills me this guy was so inept at this and I should have stayed home and watched him do it. My contractor told me his tile man is so fantastic.... well, I don't agree. And my contractor should have told him to lay it out and then photograph and send to me, or insist I give approval in person, either way he did not do it. So I can't cry over would have could have should have... i just need to figure out the best way to FIX IT. They are coming on Monday at 8 a.m. 8/22 so Houzz community please help!

Comments (55)