Houzz Logo Print
renae_bassula

Placement of black and white in kitchen

Renae Michelle
7 years ago

I have decided to go with a tuxedo kitchen and this image below is basically the exact layout of my kitchen (including the window splashback) my kitchen is larger though, and the island is detached from the wall - central to the kitchen so that it is a galley kitchen. I also have the same entry into my scullery and have decided to stick with the black cabinets - white bench tops (caesarstone classic white). I am however procrastinating to the point of driving myself nuts with regards to the main kitchen. So far I have decided to have the kitchen island in black wenge ravine (polytec) with a caesarstone bench top (undecided yet as to if I go a marble look or plain white) Im seeking advice about the back wall - overhead and lower cupboards - Im thinking of switching them from this image to classic white sheen with white stone bench tops. Mainly because we do a lot of cooking with toddlers running around the place (I'm thinking finger prints and keeping this area clean) and also to make use of the northerly light that will come through this window into a very large kitchen dining living area.. Do you think the balance will be ok between the black and white if I do this.

Comments (25)