Houzz Logo Print
kellynealon

Need help choosing a render colour!

Kelly
5 years ago

We're renovating a beautiful old homestead on our farm and I need some exterior colour advice!

We've built a new section on and have reroofed the entire house. It was impossible to match the lovely red/brown bricks used on the original part of the house so we have decided to render the new section (as well as another part of the house that was added on some years ago).

Roof, bullnose verandah and gutters are Zincalume. Fascia / windows / french doors are all Colorbond Surfmist. We're replacing all of the verandah posts with new timber posts, and the front and back entrance doors will be a matching timber. Now I need help choosing a render colour!!

We'll be building a garage near the house and thought we'd try to pick a Colorbond render colour so that we can tie the garage in with the house - perhaps Wallaby or Jasper?? I'm concern they'll be too dark though. Someone suggested that we do a half tint for the render and then the full tint for the garage... thoughts anyone?? All suggestions or advice most welcome!! Thanks

Comment