Houzz Logo Print
ella_byrne33

Brand NEW concrete pool advice

Ella Byrne
5 years ago

Seeking opinions.

Just had a brand new concrete pool completed one week ago. The first thing we noted within a couple of hours of pool filling was our pebble has a large number of stones which are leaching out leaving brown areas. Some are large and obvious like the one pictured but there are hundreds of others that are less obvious but nontheless definitely leaching. My concern is that if these pebbles break down I will be left with a rougher pebble surface. Where these stones once were will be little holes... Anyone know anything about this?

Second thing is far more of a concern to me because we see efflorescent areas on the external shell of the pool with water leaking from them. The pool shell itself was/is very rough which we pointed out to builder during curing, it has cracks, holes and bits where the concrete is crumbly.

This is the first pool we have ever built so it is quite possible I am overreacting. Also our builder is awesome and has assured me everything will be dealt with. I guess I am just wanting to gather as much info as possible so when we are discussing it with our builder we are a bit savvy and know what to ask for/bring up with him!!

Thanks!

Comment