caitlin_smith63

Shutters or Curtains?

Caitlin Smith
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi all,

I have a window furnishing dilemma. We have two windows in both our main and second bedroom, as they are both at the end corners of our house. We currently have timber venetians covering all our windows, however these are old are looking worse for wear, so I am wanting to change them to curtains.

My issue is that our air conditioners are positioned next to one of the windows (in both rooms) which is going to affect the way I would hang curtains (they would need to be hang right on the window frame, not high above which I would prefer as it just looks better that way). To counter this, I've considered perhaps installing shutters instead.

My question is, would our room look strange if I were to have curtains covering one window (which the beds face) and having shutters on the other, or if I would need to have shutters on both windows? My only concern with shutters is that they might not completely block out the street lights outside, which is why I wanted block out curtains, and also shutters are more expensive.

Any ideas or tips would be appreciated!!

Comments (9)