Houzz Logo Print
anitamack1

2 way bathroom or eliminate main bedroom entry?

anitamack1
2 years ago

Help on ideas for bathroom reno. we need to renovate bathroom as it is too dark and dingy and dated. Currently our 2nd bathroom is attached to the 4th bedroom (my study) only accessed by external door. Would prefer access to a 2nd toilet (inside). Want to keep a bath and prefer separate bath and shower. Need double vanity as this is our main bathroom and my 2 young boys (6 & 8) fight!

Options we are considering:

1. close off main bedroom entry from WIR to give more layout space (is this a bad idea, I do like the walk through) keeping as one large bathroom

2. keep double entry and convert layout as one main bathroom

3. Add 2nd toilet to bathroom

4. Split bathroom to create 2 - bathroom and ensuite

5. knock entry way from living room into 4th bedroom and turn this area into a master suite using the bathroom already there as our ensuite and knock out current cupboard to use shed space and convert into study and WIR. Shed is part of house roof line. Ensuite is functional but would be updated with a makeover.

If we knock through to the 4th bedroom so it is all accessible from inside and create this as the master suite, the current master bedroom would become guest room / kids play room and the WIR would become extra storage / linen space and / or music area/ study space for kids.

We will be putting in 2 bay shed in next year or so which everything in current shed within the roof line will go into.

Need help on which ideas would be most practical long term, add most value and be most economical overall. Our house walls are predominantly brick mason blocks, no asbestos, and we plan on living here for quite a while. We have the money ready to do the main bathroom reno but want to make sure we do it right fitting into the big picture.

ideas, layout, suggestions please. Thanks

Comments (6)