Houzz Logo Print
webuser_188456502

Please help me ensure that my bathroom renovation is correctly located

Audrey1967!
5 years ago

I have had great advice regarding my planned bathroom and ensuite and have decided on all tiles etc but now that I have starting ripping out sheeting on walls (and leaving timber supports), the lovely SSE breezes at the back of the house have become more obvious, as well as the views from the park at the back of my house. My current plan for house was just to enable me to have a bathroom again and to do a small ensuite so that I can have my own space if I rent out rooms to international students. A medium/longer term plan was to possibly have a indoor/outdoor living area/deck at the back of the house so that I could enjoy the outlook at the back of the house, but this was only going to be a small extension. It has come to crunch time with the bathroom renovation and I am scared that by putting bathroom back in same place as it was originally, that I am limiting the liveability of the house.

The issue is that I just cannot come up with another option for the bathroom (and maybe ensuite) location that makes sense and still keeps 3 bedrooms in the house.

I would GREATLY appreciate advice of how best to meet the short term and medium/long term plan for the house and at same time, being economical on costs and having a sensible layout on house. The plumbing is easy to change because the place is a highset with timber floors (but only about 1.9metres high under the house).

Comments (20)