Houzz Logo Print
fensterbos

Outdoor fireplaces and wood ovens - kits or custom?

fensterbos
10 years ago
Our neighbors had an exterior fireplace install in their backyard and I instantly fell in love with the idea of putting one on our patio as well. We'd like to have a outdoor fireplace and wood oven combo installed, similar to the attached photo (photo from Paradise Landscaping).

I have been looking into some local dealers and contractors and I found some information about fireplace kits and custom fireplaces. Some of the brands/products I have found are Isokern Fireplaces, Harmony Elements, Firerock, and Belgard Elements - these are listed in what seems to be in order of quality and price. What is most important to me is quality, looks, and price - I'd love to save some money on labor and/or materials, but I do not want to jeopardize quality and longevity to save $500. And of course, there is the option of having a fireplace custom built, which would probably be the highest quality, but most expensive.

Does anyone have any experience with the mentioned brands above and recommend one over the other? Would I be sacrificing a lot in quality if I went with a brand like Firerock or Belgard? I appreciate your help and opinions on this topic.

Thank you!

Comments (8)